Saturday, 1 September 2012

Comedy central

We laugh at things. I tend to laugh at random things, sometimes I laugh at shitty lame jokes and other times I laugh at sophisticated British humor or I'll laugh at things that people don't usually find it funny. For almost three hours now I've been watching Russell Peters and Louis CK I didn't realize how funny it was. I sometimes have a problem with finding something funny because it's not always the right...funny.

I love David Shrigley, Lev Yilmaz, George Carlin and the Coen Brothers. They not necessarily fit the 'comedy club' but something about those people in their work made me giggle.

I particularly liked a scene in the film 'In Bruge' while Brendan Gleeson and Ralph Finnes were on top of a tower in Bruges trying to settle a bit of tension between them, Brendan gave Ralph a thoroughly touching speech that made Ralph think twice about shooting him. After that, there was a short awkward silence, but Ralph shot his foot anyways. I found it awesomely funny.

Sometimes I feel like a potential psychopath, because I sometimes laugh at things that shouldn't be laughed at.  But some artists can make people laugh at death for example, like the scene from pulp fiction, the part when Marvin was shot in the head. But I don't think I was the only one in the world who laughed at that, but I don't know why, I just found it extremely crude and funny.

Maybe I like straightforward jokes, but what I think about being funny is just your ability to be funny. I was told that it was about timing, but I had a hard time believing that. I found funny just funny

So now you have met with my post 10 o'clock at night side. I usually go to bed by 11, but since it's Friday, Fuck it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment