Saturday, 1 September 2012

Frederic Chopin

I learned piano when I was 4. My grandparents were and still are great musicians. My grandfather is one of the more prominent classics composers in Malaysia. That's why I think my mother put me up to playing the piano. But I never liked playing the piano, because I think that most of my songs that my teacher taught me were generic, boring songs. But I don't know, I was a kid back then, how was I supposed to cherish classic songs? The only piece I loved to death by playing it was Sebastian Bach's 'Prelude in C major'. I stopped playing the piano at the age of 12, but every time I had the chance to play the piano, I will always and always play that song.

But anyway, I loved piano songs with a lot of emotions, that was written with a lot of sadness and tragedy, instead of written happily. I always like piano songs that take the worst or the best out of you, makes you think about the things you did, kind of like post rock music such as Mogwai or Explosions in the Sky.

I just recently saw 'The Pianist', a brilliant film by Roman Polanski, Chopin must be one of my favourite composers of all time.


No comments:

Post a Comment